Food for Thought – Weekly Meal Goals
Being mindful of the food you eat is the first step to reaching your weight loss goals. When it comes to losing inches, two or more foods in the right combination are actually better than one. Why is this the case? Nutrients play off of other nutrients, creating a combination that will fend off hunger, allow you to feel satiated for longer and burn calories and fat all at once.
New Favorite Foods
As you begin to change your diet, your tastes will slowly start to change as well, and this is a good thing! You will begin to crave healthy, leafy greens over that no so healthy French fry and burger options the more you develop your pallet and refine your tastes.
Listed below are a few fruits and veggies that are going to be your go-to over the next few weeks that will eventually turn into your favorite foods.
- Leafy Greens. These are the best! Chalked full of GOOD fat (monounsaturated), avocados, kale and spinach will stave off hunger and absorb disease-fighting antioxidants.
- Chicken. Chicken is great and known for helping weight loss. Loaded with protein, chicken breasts take a bit longer to digest and will be able to keep you fuller, longer. (Pro-tip: if you like spice, thrown in a little cayenne pepper. It’ll help you burn more calories and make you feel less hungry.)
- Oatmeal. Yes, oatmeal. So, so, good for you! The more fiber you get in your system, the better. Your body does not break down fiber, so not only does this slow down digestion, but it takes up space in your stomach, making you feel satisfied.
- Eggs. You knew this would be on the list, right? Of course! Because protein is so important in a healthy lifestyle and aiding in weight loss, starting your day with some eggs is the perfect way to make it to a light lunch.
- Soups. Broth-based veggie soups for lunch or dinner are really easy ways to feel full. Beans are great add-in to your broth as well as a great source of protein and fiber. Added bonus? Consuming about 3 cups of beans per week has been known to boost weight loss.
These five major food choices are just to get you started, we have tons of meal plans and preparations available in our store, as well as customized meal plans that are offered before and after speaking with our talented physicians.
Western Bariatric Institute is truly proud of their patient’s success and is the leader in the field of bariatric surgery with a long record of accomplishment of professional care, compassionate service, and outstanding outcomes.
As one of the most comprehensive bariatric center in the country, WBI maintains strong collaboration with three major medical centers and offers programs that will fit the needs of each and every one of our patients.
If you are looking to change your life, contact Western Bariatric and let us help you set up a consultation.
We offer a free bariatric surgery seminar presented by John Ganser MD, FACS. Please register to learn more about:
- Western Surgical's Bariatric Surgery Division - Western Bariactric Institute
- The Obesity Epidemic
- Weight Loss Surgery Options