Do you like burgers?
Greek Turkey Burgers
Like burgers? Try this recipe to give your burger a new spin. Using lean ground turkey reduces the saturated fat. Serve this on a bed of chopped greens and diced tomato or make it more traditional by serving on a whole wheat sandwich thin.
Serving size: 1 patty
½ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
3 tbsp lemon juice, divided
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
20 oz lean ground turkey
½ cup chopped red onion
⅓ cup chopped Kalamata olives
¼ cup crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
1½ tsp Greek seasoning blend
1. In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, 1 tbsp lemon juice, ½ tsp finely grated lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. This may be prepared one day ahead.
2. Mix together turkey, onion, olives, feta cheese, Greek seasoning, and remaining lemon juice. Shape into six patties. Grill, broil, or cook in a nonstick skillet for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked to 165°F.
3. Top with yogurt sauce before serving.
Per serving: 180 calories, 21g protein, 10g fat (3g saturated), 70mg cholesterol, 3g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 2g sugar, 200mg sodium
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%
Recipe adapted from Raley’s
We offer a free bariatric surgery seminar presented by John Ganser MD, FACS. Please register to learn more about:
- Western Surgical's Bariatric Surgery Division - Western Bariactric Institute
- The Obesity Epidemic
- Weight Loss Surgery Options